This puppet module specialises in retrieving files and templates from your Version Control System and Deploying them to your target nodes, hence the name 'vcsdeploy'.
It has the following features:-
- Support for 'subversion' and 'git'.
- Deploy specific versions, tags, braches or track the latest.
- Checkouts are performed by the puppet master, not on each of your nodes.
- Files ending '.erb' are automatically evaluated as templates.
- Set per-file attributes such as owner, group, mode etc.
- Select or exclude the files you want using regex or by tagging them.
- Disk space is preserved on the puppet master via de-duplication of files.
Please make sure that your puppet master process has write permission to the pclouds-vcsdeploy module directory. Requires Stdlib.
Copyright 2013 David McCormick
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Please log tickets and issues at https://github.com/practicalclouds/pclouds-vcsdeploy/issues