Welcome to the Puppet Forge
Featured Windows Modules for //Build 2014
Build brings together developers and sysadmins using Windows to build great services. To celebreate the conference, we've selected a few great Puppet modules contributed by our community to help you do more with Windows and Puppet.
- joshcooper/powershell lets you execute Powershell during a Puppet run.
- opentable/windowsfeature uses the ServerManager API to add and remove Windows features.
- opentable/iis can be used to create sites, application pools and virtual applications with IIS 7 and above.
- rismoney/chocolatey provides a Puppet package provider for the Chocolatey package manager.
- badgerious/windows_env manages Windows environment variables.
- msopentech/windowsazure helps you launch and manage Azure vms, networks and SQL databases.
Writing Great Modules
Modules are reusable, sharable units of Puppet code. You can use modules to extend Puppet across your infrastructure by automating tasks such as setting up a database, web server, or mail server.
Read the Docs
If you're new to Puppet, we recommend the following:
Authors: Add compatibility data to your modules
We recently added search filters to help people find modules that are compatible with their Puppet versions and platforms. Learn how to add this data to your modules here.
New to the Puppet Forge?
A Video Introduction
Learn more at the Puppet Labs Workshop.
Register an account, create a module, upload a release of it and your automation code is now shared with the Puppet community. Learn how to create and share modules using the puppet module tool.