A puppet module for managing git resources
To install into puppet
Clone into your puppet configuration in your
git clone git://github.com/nesi/puppet-git.git git
Or if you're managing your Puppet configuration with git, in your
git submodule add git://github.com/nesi/puppet-git.git modules/git --init --recursive
git checkout master
git commit -m "added git submodule from https://github.com/nesi/puppet-git"
It might seem bit excessive, but it will make sure the submodule isn't headless...
A basic install with the defaults would be:
Otherwise using the parametrs:
svn => true,
gui => true,
- svn if true the git-svn package will also be installed
- gui if true the git-gui package will also be installed
This will clone a git repository from a vaild git URI to a specified path on the target server. It is strongly recommended that read-only git URIs are used. If no source is given, the target path will simply be initialised as a git repository.
With minimum parameters, should create the directory
/usr/src/repo and run
git init in it:
path => '/usr/src/repo',
With minimum parameters to clone from a remote source:
path => '/usr/src/repo',
source => 'git://example.org/example/repo.git'
- path sets the path where the git repository is created or cloned to
- source sets the git URI from which the git repository is cloned from
- branch this string sets a specific branch to check out
- git_tag this string sets a specific tag to check out
- update if set to true, when puppet runs it will revert any local changes and pull the current branch from the source if there is any difference between the local repository and the source repository.
- bare if set to true, it creates a bare repository
Note: I am uncertain on how it will behave if both tag and branch are set, but tag should override branch.
This module is derived from the puppet-blank module by Aaron Hicks (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This module has been developed for the use with Open Source Puppet (Apache 2.0 license) for automating server & service deployment.
Gnu General Public License
This file is part of the git Puppet module.
The git Puppet module is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The git Puppet module is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the git Puppet module. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.