- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with githubkey
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This module allows you to input an array of github usernames and import their public key entries to the local system. This allows you to do fun things like have development systems which lock down to a specific set of developers without needing to store their public keys locally!
Setup of authorized_keys file based upon an array of github usernames.
puppet module install jlondon/githubkey
- The authorized_keys file for the specified system username will be modified by puppet
- Don't add usernames if you don't EXPLICITLY want them to be able to login to your servers. They can and potentially WILL login via ssh if you give them access!
- Requires the puppet-stdlib module.
Based upon a list of usernames fed to the class we can import SSH public keys from github to a local authorized_keys file:
ensure => present,
auth_user => 'root',
github_auth_user => 'myuser',
github_auth_token => '124135213562n246346346',
usernames => ['github'],
Should support any standard Puppet compatible OS as it doesn't really do anything based upon system commands.
Feel free to add or remove features to this module. If you do something great please open a pull request so it can be added to the main module!