This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2021.6.x, 2021.5.x, 2021.4.x, 2021.3.x, 2021.2.x, 2021.1.x, 2021.0.x, 2019.8.x, 2019.7.x, 2019.5.x, 2019.4.x, 2019.3.x, 2019.2.x, 2019.1.x, 2019.0.x
- Puppet >= 6.0.0 < 8.0.0
- SLES, SLED, , , , , , ,
- Module Description - What the module does and why it is useful
- Setup - The basics of getting started with dnsclient
- Usage - Configuration options and additional functionality
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
This module manages
/etc/resolv.conf and its various options. It is
feature complete for the supported platforms.
Manages the system resolver,
This module requires
dnsclient class and it will configure the resolver to use
Google's public name servers.
Minimal and normal usage. See the examples directory for more usage examples.
This module has been tested to work on the following systems with Puppet
versions 6 and 7 with the Ruby version associated with those releases.
.travis.yml for a full matrix of supported versions. This
module aims to support the current and previous major Puppet versions.
- EL 5
- EL 6
- EL 7
- EL 8
- Debian 6
- SLES 10
- SLES 11
- Solaris 10
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin)
CONTRIBUTING.md for information related to the development of this
dnsclient: Manage DNS resolver
This module manages
The following parameters are available in the
Array of nameservers. The default use Google's public name servers.
Array of options. Set to
 if no options line should be present.
Optional array of domains for search list. This is mutually exclusive with
Optional domain setting. This is mutually exclusive with
Optional array of sortlist entries
Path to resolv.conf
Value of ensure attribute for the /etc/resolv.conf file resource
User of /etc/resolv.conf
Group of /etc/resolv.conf
Mode of /etc/resolv.conf in octal format
3.6.0 - 2018-12-08
- Support Puppet versions 5 and 6.
3.5.2 - 2016-10-12
- Explicitly support puppet-lint v2
3.5.1 - 2016-08-31
- No changes, just another release to appease an issue with the Forge.
3.5.0 - 2016-08-31
- Add support for Ruby v2.3.1
3.4.0 - 2015-05-27
- Support Puppet v4 and v3 with future parser
3.0.4 - 2013-06-08 Garrett Honeycutt email@example.com
- Fix warnings by using @ in front of variables in template
- .fixtures.yml is tracking correct version of puppetlabs/stdlib
- Drop Puppet v2.6 from travis-ci
- anders-larsson updates README to document support for SLES 10
- anders-larsson updates README to document support for all EL, not just CentOS
3.0.1 - 2013-03-16 Garrett Honeycutt firstname.lastname@example.org
- fixed spec bug relating to lack of .fixtures.yml
- cleaned up testing framework
3.0.0 - 2013-03-16 Garrett Honeycutt email@example.com
- Switched to semantic versioning - http://semver.org
- Implemented new design pattern that manages data with Hiera
- Truly portable module! Code is completely data driven, so you can make changes through Hiera and never have to edit the code itself.
2.0.0 - 2011-09-09 Garrett Honeycutt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Implemented design pattern based on http://www.puppetlabs.com/blog/design-pattern-for-dealing-with-data/
1.0.1 - 2010-09-24 Garrett Honeycutt email@example.com
- Added documentation
1.0.0 - 2010-06-24 Garrett Honeycutt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Initial release
* This Changelog was automatically generated by github_changelog_generator
- puppetlabs/stdlib (>= 6.0.0 < 8.0.0)
Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Garrett Honeycutt <email@example.com> Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.