This version is compatible with:
- Puppet Enterprise 2018.1.x, 2017.3.x, 2017.2.x, 2017.1.x, 2016.5.x, 2016.4.x
- Puppet >= 4.7.0 < 6.0.0
- , , ,
Start using this module
Add this module to your Puppetfile:
Learn more about managing modules with a Puppetfilemod 'beergeek-facecount', '0.1.2'
Table of Contents
- Setup - The basics of getting started with facecount
- Usage - Using the new action
- Limitations - OS compatibility, etc.
- Development - Guide for contributing to the module
A Puppet Module providing the ability for customer to easily track their Puppet Enterprise node counts.
- Puppet Face to retrieve the node count from PuppetDB
- Custom fact to expose the same information in the console
- Puppet Class to gather historical node counts to a log file
Install the module via Code Manager or r10k and then run Puppet.
If you would like to gather historical node count statistics to a file, include the provided class
facecount on your Puppet Enterprise Master either through Puppet Code or the Node Classifier and statistics will be collected into the file
/var/log/puppetlabs/node_count.txt for you and updated every 30 minutes.
This module includes a custom fact to expose node counts through the Puppet Enterprise Console. Node counts are available on the Puppet Enterprise Master/Master of Masters on it's inventory page:
This information only makes sense to display for the Puppet Master, so regular agent nodes will display the message 'Available on Puppet Master/MoM only' instead on their individual inventory pages.
Once installed and puppet has run, you will have a new action for the
puppet node subcommand on the Puppet master:
puppet node count
Requires the module to be installed on your Puppet Master and run puppet at least once on the Puppet master before the command becomes available. Can normally be only run from the Puppet master due to PuppetDB library access.
Happy for PRs!